What is Hypnosis?Hypnosis therapy is a naturally induced state of relaxed concentration - a state of mind and body in which we communicate suggestions to our subconscious mind. This part of our mind influences the way we think, how we feel and the choices we make.
Hypnotherapy has been used in various formats for thousands of years, it is the practice of promoting positive development and healing whilst in a naturally occuring, altered state of awareness. Reprogramming the mind helps to overcome negative thoughts, replace phobic responses, overcome surpressed emotions as well as irrational fears.
Clinical Hypnotherapy works by harnessing the power of the unconscious mind. Hypnotherapy can improve many aspects of your life. Perhaps the best known therapeutic uses are:
- Freedom from unwanted habits - Smoking, Nail Biting, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Gain control of your life - Weight Control, Pain Control, Sleep Disturbance, Stress
- Conquer fears and phobias - Flying, driving or exam nerves. Anxiety, Panic Attacks.
- Achieve personal growth - Build Confidence, Self Esteem, Improve Personal Performance.
Who is in Control during Hypnosis?As a client you are in complete control and you reach the desired state of hypnosis by following the guidance of your Hypnotherapist. The relationship is similar to that between a navigator and a pilot. You the pilot make the choices. You can never be made to do anything against your will or contrary to your core values. Nobody unknowingly reveals their deepest secrets during hypnosis.
What does it feel like to be Hypnotised?Being hypnotised is a wonderfully relaxing state, similar to just after waking up in the morning - a comfortable feeling of being half awake and half asleep. The beauty of hypnosis is that this beneficial state can be prolonged for a substantial time. You will notice your senses are heightened. You will be able to hear your Hypnotherapist talking to you. You will feel relaxed, your mind will think more clearly. One hour of deep hypnotic trance can be as beneficial as four or five hours of natural sleep.
Hypnosis works when will power has failedUsing will-power alone, to make changes to our life, can be done, but many of us find it too difficult because will-power lets us down. We can sometimes make the changes short term, but will-power can fail us in the long term. It is particularly beneficial in helping with weight loss and to stop smoking.
What Benefits can be Expected?If you really want to - You Can Let Hypnosis - Change Your Life.
- Freedom from unwanted habits
- Addictions, stopping smoking, drinking, gambling
- Weight Control
- Improve self esteem and confidence
- Stress Management
- Relationship Difficulties
- Pain Control
- Performance Anxiety- driving test, exams, sports
- Relief from panic attacks, anxieities and phobias
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Pain Relief
- Surgical preparation - fear of dentists
- Other issues may be discussed in the strictest confidence
Clinical hypnotherapy sessions 60-90mins £85
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious."